Monday, February 5, 2018

Bail, Bail, Bail (part two)

I've finished my days in Spokane! (probably) I had a lot of good times, and I'm leaving behind some friends I loved dearly, but it's good to be in a new place.
 
We've been in a long process of transferring our area book from paper to electronics. I finished up my area book on my last night, and now I'm in Coeur d'Alene Idaho, where there's still have an area book left. Nooooo. But that's alright. It is partially keeping us out of the rain which has been constant the entire time I've been here.

My new companion is pretty fun to be around. He loves the gospel, but he also loves stupid stuff like video games. We've gotten along pretty well. He's been out for 18 months now, but we are both called "senior companion". I was a bit confused, but it's alright. I've had to drive the car for three transfers straight, and so I gladly let him have the keys. We may have almost died a few times, but here I am, so we're good!

We had the chance to visit with someone on our second day. It was a first time investigator and her member boyfriend who made us tacos. I was thrilled to see how well we shared the lesson with barely any preparation. Me and Elder Warnick have really clicked. We were able to teach her the first lesson and she's committed to read with her boyfriend every night. Other news, I tried habenero pepper for the first time. Not bad at all! I slipped it right into that greasy taco.

We had the opportunity to volunteer at a couple places. The food bank didn't need our help. They've got a pile of expired food, and I saw my favorite cookies in there. The food in there is mostly just a day or two expired. I jumped and the chance. After my first bite, my tongue informed me they'd been expired for weeks. We also went to a clothes donation center where we opened up bags and either threw stuff away or kept it. It was incredibly fun seeing all the weird clothing. I guess I just forgot that underwear is clothing too. I had a few scary encounters with some nasty nasties.

Legions of missionaries have lived in my apartment before me. To tell a long story short, we made three different dumpster runs in the same day. 

On Sunday, I attended two different wards. It was a bit of a long day. However, I was glad because I got to go up and share my testimony in both sacrament meetings. It was a good chance to introduce myself to the wards. I'm so glad to be in Idaho. Everyone here who hears I came from Spokane apologized to me. I guess it really is tough there and I'm not quite the weenie I've made myself out to be.  

It was the Super Bowl last night, and we were told that if someone is watching the Super Bowl to not knock on the door. It was pretty dark, and I was in black clothes. I could see a woman in the window watching t.v., but her t.v. was at an angle I couldn't see. I stealthily crept up her lawn in the shadows to try and see her tv. Right before I was about to behold what she was watching, she turned and saw me and stood up, so I turned and ran as fast as I could as Elder Warnick tried to keep up. Bail Bail bail!

There's a real fancy restaurant on the Coeur d'Alene lake. They've got these huge ice creams called Gooeys. I guess it makes you pretty popular if you can eat one by yourself, and I wanted to prove to myself that I can do hard things. I then set to work. I had to stop halfway through to put on my coat. I shivered so badly, and it took at least 10 minutes, but I ate that entire Gooey. I don't have any more friends than I started with, but I'm still glad I accomplished this feat that I'll never make myself endure through again. It was kinda almost as big as my face.

I'd probably have better things to say if I had my journal with me... ;) 

Ride on Elder Ruth!

Onward I say!

Behold:  The Gooey

Elder Ruth and Elder Warnick

Last selfie with the Sister Missionaries!

Thumbs Up

No comments:

Post a Comment