Monday, March 25, 2019

Mr. Sun, You Babe

Was it kind of dark last week? It might've been night time, where work can't be done, since this week in comparison was daytime. This was one of my best weeks as a missionary, and it's all due to my faith in Christ that I've been working so hard on forging this week. So anyways, strap on those leather aprons, I know first hand that the sparks which spew from the forge will wreck your day. I just realized I'm wearing my shorts with multiple holes from that. Anyways. 

After flexing and just about ripping my shirt as a result of it, we slopped our way outside and hopped onto the bikes. Mini complaint: Why do bike seats have to be so uncomfortable? I know that after a little while, you get used to it, but for this week, I've got a sore rear! Mini complaint over. So anyways, we rode on down to a referral in a trailer park, and after some testifying, she agreed to meet and we were able to set a time to return. After the visit, we sat on some benches to work on filling out the info on the visit and some lady comes out all mad, "You can't be here knocking door to door. The manager knows you're here, you need to go." I wasn't pleased at all for being falsely accused, but we were able to respectfully explain what we were doing and then continued on, netting our first new of the week.

Later that day, we were out searching for people like a mile and a half from our apartment. We were led by the spirit to one lady who rejected the missionaries in December. Me and her had an instant connection and so she was much more willing to listen to the message. We actually ended up there for like 45 minutes! Number two! But that was making us pretty late. We started jogging our way the mile and a half back so we could get the car. A couple breaks took place due to Elder Muhlstein's unathletic ways. We were totally going to be late, and that was something I simply couldn't allow, so we decided to cut through a field we've short cutted through a couple times. This time, however, we came across something which simply wrecked me, and that's all there is to it. As I walked, a vicious strand of barbed wire leapt out at me and ripped into my leg, and I instantly flopped to the ground. I kinda just layed there with my legs dangling on the wire in a stupor. I didnt really have pain, just incredible surprise. I awkwardly got up and examined my favorite pair of pants, which was now bloody and ripped in three places. I was so mad. But we had a mission! So we continued on to teach a powerful lesson as my elbows were covered in dirt and my pants were ripped and had mud and blood. Anyways, our conviction helped our on date investigator choose to give up coffee. That's right, boys. In terms of the injury, we went back home and I cleaned myself up with soap and hydrogen peroxide. Now I've been band aiding and neosporing the heck out of that son of a gun, and along with the prayers I've been saying, it's been healing rapidly. No stitches needed. 

I traveled back to good ol Spokane again this week. I didnt even bring my sheath knife this time, knowing God would protect me. Not too many fat stacks of miraculous events occurred, but I did find like 37 cents! Wow! And we were able to talk to two different people outside their houses who agreed to learn more about the gospel. It was great because we were trying so hard to find someone to teach and God bestowed #3 and 4 on us in that event. Turns out that #3 has a girlfriend that the Elders were able to teach alongside him when they went for the return appointment.
One day, we were about to go out and the spirit was like, "yo, don't take the car." I was like, ok, we will just ride bikes. "Nah, man, dont take the bikes." So we just sighed and headed out the door. We then found a disabled veteran with a disobedient dog outside far from his apartment. He kept saying to the dog, "Please let me go home!" We were able to go up to him and take the dogs leash and help him get back home. Though he was not for the religion of Christ at all, he did believe in Christ, so we explained how God sent us to help him come back home. He was super grateful and called us "brothers." Nice. 

So we went out with a member who is an apartment manager one night to go find. He told us of various doors of people he thought might listen to us, then dropped us off near. Though none of them agreed, we found one guy outside of his apartment just gawking at the full moon. We talked to him a bit and he decided he wanted to learn more about the gospel. Number 5. We set a return appointment for two days later, then shimmy in for our first lesson with him. After learning about the plan of salvation, he said that the Book of Mormon must be true! So we put him on date for June 21st. Boys.

So then I had another exchange and I went with Elder Hayes, an elder I came out with. My companion neglected to plan the day in my absence, so we had nothing to do. After pondering, we chose to go to a trailer park. We made our way down and found out we were in the wrong one. I felt like we should still knock on a door. Out comes a less active member who hasn't been to church in 7 years. She was glad to see us and she committed to come back with us the next day. We then ran into new person #6, who I attempted to put on date right there. He was like, "if I didn't drink a 6 pack a night, I would. But still come back and talk about Jesus!" 

So yeah, there we go, with one of the most successful weeks of my mission. It was super warm! Miracles were left and right, including the clutch member who asked for a shopping list so she could set us up with a full fridge. My goodness that was incredible. I found like 3 dollars worth of change on the ground. Some good potential investigators were found and I even produced another Class Time with Elder Ruth, perhaps the most controversial one yet. Brad Wilcox is coming to the mission, and transfer day is this week! I'm staying with Elder Muhlestein here. We'll see how that one goes.. So peace out, my friends. 

"Can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands?" Alma 5:19

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Aftermath.  Mom will spare you close up pics of the cut.  It's nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment